One machine available. Shipping is within a week of purchase.
For a more complete description click the link to see the Kickstarter Project. This description has video and more complete description of the Cycloid Pro.
The Cycloid Pro includes all the previous refinements of the Cycloid like prime number gears, infinite variations of multiple gears, planetary gear setups, placing fulcrums onto prime number gears, and easy storage in the provided box. But the Cycloid Pro has these new additional features:
• Bigger drawings: 11 inch square paper. These drawings are easier to frame.
• Steel surfaced turntable for a smooth surface. It also allows the use of magnets to hold the paper down.
• Indexed turntable that lets you rotate the surface by 6 degree increments. This is perfect for making multiple passes using different colored pens.
• Large integrated DC motor for smooth drawings.
• Large gear with a handle, for easy turning, to produce drawings by hand.
• Special gear assemblies and penholder inspired by Hoot Nanny style drawings. Like the original toy, the Hoot Nanny style arrangement is limited to 6-node patterns but unlike most of the Hoot Nanny toys the Cycloid Pro allows for alternate placement of the connecting rods on the drive gears.
•An extra turntable added with 180 gear teeth in addtion to the existing 120, 144, and 150 tooth turntable gears.
• Gears are 3d printed using PETG filament. These have less friction and rotate more easily.
What's in the Box?
The Cycloid Pro Drawing Machine package consists of:
• the base
• 4 geared turntables (120, 144, 150 and 180 teeth)
• 18 3d printed gears (30, 32, 34, 36, 40, 48, 50, 58, 60, 66, 72, 74, 80, 90, 94, 98, 100, and 108 teeth)
• Hoot Nanny style gear adapters and penholder
• Heavy duty integrated 12-volt DC motor
• 3 connecting rods
• 4 extender rods to lengthen gear diameter
• newly designed penholder
• 200 sheets of 11-inch square heavy acid free paper
• 200 sheets of 11-inch square light acid free paper
• 3 colored Pilot G-2 .038mm pens (black, red, and blue)
• 4-color Pilot Tec multi-color pen
• 12 magnets
• fulcrum slides
• brass screws and knurled nuts
• screwdriver for changing the turntable gear
Please be aware that the Cycloid Pro is big. The shipping box is 30 x 24 x 10 inches and weighs 33 pounds. I charge postage at actual cost but postage to some countries is exorbitant. If the postage is too crazy I will give the buyer a full refund if they do not want to proceed with the purchase.